Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Disqualified with no refund"


It is Saturday, and I need to find a way to relax. All in all, everything is still good. We just got another e-mail from the race headquarters, and they have just added another thing we are responsible for -- the driving of the chase team. We get these e-mails about every day or every other day, and they are usually a list of things we are responsible for or we will be disqualified with no refund. I believe that is their mantra -- "disqualified with no refund."

I guess there have been too many pedestrian deaths because the chase cars have been too enthusiastic. They are now holding the race cars responsible for the driving of the chase teams. If they do anything wrong, we get time deducted or disqualified -- with no refund. As if we didn't have enough to worry about!!

Oh well, on another thought: Someday I want to write a book for women on how to deal with auto shops and car-part stores. I can't be held responsible for my actions if I hear another "Ma'am, do you know what you are doing?" or "Ma'am, do you know what that is for?" As if I can't figure out what engine paint is for! So, today I went to pick up two lenghts of Flex Hose, and the guy at Napa asked if I was doing some plumming. I politely replied, as I try to do, "NO, I AM WORKING ON MY CAR". Oh, the joys.

We were just given a copy Pink Floyd's video from when they ran the race in 1991 (guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and manager Steve O'Rourke competed in the race). It makes all the work worthwhile. If you every have a opportunity to watch it, DO. It is fabulous!! The cinamatographer actually lives here. Maybe next year he can come with us, and we can have our own little movie. Or at least he can offer some experience.

I've got to go. I have a apple pie in the oven, and I need to finish covering the roll cage with padding. Go figure......

No comments: